Saturday, June 03, 2006

R&R - Rants and Rants -- Edition 2

Alright. Bottomline? I'm not prejudice. And I'm sick and tired of people saying I'm prejudice against black people. Common lines when a conversation goes bad? "Man, your ancestors were my ancestors' slaveholders!" And how would you f*cking know that? Did you rent a time machine and go back in time to watch a past version of me whip your ancestors across the back? I didn't think so. All I ask is you know what you're talking about before you start blabbing sh*t that you honestly have no clue whatsover about.

There were three different kinds of white folk back in the day. The slaveholders of the South, the slaveholders of the North, and the anti-slavery activists. How do know my family was for slavery? Mine could've been one of the people standing around in protest against it. Hell, my family's from Ohio (unfortunately ... I don't really like the place, personally) and during that period of time ... you guessed it, Ohio was with the Northern states.

And the whole discrimination thing where people believe my ancestors before, even then, were Nazis?!? Just because I'm white doesn't make instantly make me a f*cking Nazi, or even f*cking German. People who make the assumptions that I encourage racism, prejudice, and hatred couldn't be more wrong. I'm open-minded, and am equally for every race being treated the same. I don't even want to be associated with Nazis, and never said so. If I speak German to somebody and they reply back with, "Quit with the Nazi-speak!" me and my friends around me instantly have the assumption that they're ignorant and (possibly) retarded.

Now, before you contradict me and say "But, Reaper! I thought you said people who use 'retarded' in an insulting way are-- ..." But I'm not saying it in an insulting way. I don't say things that aren't true. If I believe they're retarded and so do my friends? That doesn't mean they belong in a Special Education class, it just means that they could've been dropped on their head as child or never been diagnosed with some sort of mental illness.

Either way, it's a win-win situation.

For me, at least.

--"Reaper"

No comments: