Sunday, November 01, 2009

A Blessing In Disguise ... That I Might Not Take Back

There's a lot of things that I missed being able to do that I didn't even realize as of late. There are quite a few different rap artists I've been missing out on that, really, I'd've been listening to and been unable to share with a previous person in my life because they would've snubbed their nose at it. Being out with friends all weekend, every weekend is another, and it's fun to finally be able to. God, it's been way too long.

The football game today was a tie against our rivals, Anchor Point Christian -- and, as I said, we tied: 40-40. It was a great game and a great way to finish up this exciting (and, final) season (at least for all of my friends and me.) I got all my stuff together and dressed as a vampire, got out there and trick-or-treated with friends ... and, surprisingly enough, even earned some candy!

So, Cameron, Charlie, Christian, Samantha, Kelly and I all went back to Christian's and ordered a pizza, then sat down to watch the god-awful 2008 release of Day of the Dead (with Nick Cannon, no less), ate our pizza, and then popped in SuperCroc. Whoo-hoo ... what terrible, terrible scary movies. Then, just to tease Sam and Kelly, we put in Dead Space just to eff with them a little. Christian had me playing through the first few levels to try to get them scared. Ultimately, it failed, whatwith the humor I was bringing to it (having already played through the whole game twice already. xD)

So, yeah. Tonight was wicked-fun. And the talent show was effin' amazing, too--all the girls (and guys) went crazy for it, and I got a /lot/ of clapping and hugs all around.

But, really; it's nice to get all of this off my chest. I was just commenting to Christian over Skype last night just how happy I am now that things are all over with her and how much I've been able to accomplish without her. In a sad twist of fate, I don't know yet if I'll be as inviting as I said I'd be when she comes back around again. I mean, she left me during a time that would've been amazing for her to experience with me and help me through but, since I was able to do it all without her, ... what's the point in going back to her again? I'm perfectly capable by myself and, frankly, that could be her very downfall.

And in /another/ cruel twist of fate, I just fell into a hundred and fifty bucks my dad gave me extra to help pay for a trip "to the East Coast to see a certain someone" next summer. I told him I'd deeply consider it and took the money. But now I've just got to figure out what I want to do with it ... hmmmm ...

EDIT: Plus, it's a lot easier on my mind now to totally not care what she does with who. Together or not, it sorta angers you or even saddens you (depending on the situation) to know that another person's gonna try to replace you with somebody else and that that other person is going to, in essence, get or have everything you've gotten or had that you don't really want to give up, but it's thoughts like that that can drive a man crazy. So I've stopped. Frankly, she can be with whoever and do whatever with whomever she'd like. I don't care.

Haha.

And the reason I don't care is simple: because I'll be doin' the exact same thing and lovin' it.

No comments: